Saturday, March 26, 2011

God Is Hiding In The Quanntum Field

14
Look, and it can't be seen.
Listen, and it can't be heard.
Reach, and it can't be grasped.

Above, it isn't bright.
Below, it isn't dark.
Seamless, unnamable,
it returns to the realm of nothing.
Form that includes all forms,
image without an image,
subtle, beyond all conception.

Approach it and there is no beginning;
follow it and there is no end.
You can't know it, but you can be it,
at ease in your own life.
Just realize where you come from:
this is the essence of wisdom.
                  ---- Tao Te Ching

About 10 years ago, I felt that I had reached an impasse in my desire to have a deeper understanding about God.  I had spent many years attempting to reconcile the obvious discrepancies in the Bible, but had finally concluded that the deity portrayed there was merely an ancient concept that simplistically projected the characteristics of earthly monarchs onto a heavenly being.  I was quite certain that there was a universal presence, but I had no idea where to find genuine knowledge.  It appeared that I would have to be content with unanswered questions.

Then, while reading Quantum Healing written by Deepak Chopra, I encountered a statement that caught my attention and directed me down a new path.  Chopra was merely writing about the number of subatomic particles that fill the universe and pass through our bodies every second.  Suddenly I was struck with the thought that those particles could be god’s neuro-network.  It became quite obvious why we could not perceive Him in the material world because He exists at the sub-atomic level.

At the time, I knew very little about quantum physics and had no idea that my “revelation” was already being promoted by well established quantum physicists like John Hagelin and Amit Goswami.  As I began following various leads, I discovered websites like IONS and EnlightenNext where research and theories of cosmic consciousness are reported.


I have found this information extremely comforting because it has confirmed what I have sensed for a long time.  God is not some transcendent being dwelling in a realm separate from this universe.  Instead, He is the universe.  Based on the “string theory,” the prevailing unified field theory, I am quite certain that God is the ground substance in which energy strings vibrate and form sub-atomic particles which become increasingly complex atomic structures and ultimately comprise everything in the material world.  Furthermore, I believe that that substance is pure consciousness and the source of the consciousness that is manifested in all living beings.    This conscious energy field is what has been rightly perceived as God because it is the source of everything.

I find it impossible to imagine what thought is like when time, space, being and non-being are irrelevant.  However, Hindus have taught for millennia that our bodies are a reflection of the cosmos.  If that is the case, then we might liken this consciousness to what takes place in our bodies.  Respiration, circulation, digestion, cell division, immune response, and much more occur within us and require no conscious thought on our part whatsoever.  Perhaps this is the way God interacts with us on a cosmic scale, being aware of the existence of the material world and directing it in some manner without having specific “thoughts” about what is going on.

To me, the implications of this are extraordinarily profound.   I no longer have to wonder where God is because He is in everything I see, feel, smell, or hear.  This is something I reflect upon as I go through my day.  He is all around me and in me as well.  For a long time I have sensed a deep connection to the eternal.  Now I understand that perception.  This awareness is not the result of extensive meditation.  It is merely due to a greater understanding of the composition of the universe and my relation to it.
                                        
Note: Several of the video clips presented here are only the fist in a series.  To understand the full significance of their information, please follow the related links.


2 comments:

  1. "You see my friend, the universe is sentient, aware, alive... We're all recycled you know. Just molecules and atoms born in the stars and recycled into carbon based life. Why do you think we have spent millions of years trying to understand the stars, the moons and the universe itself hm? Hm? Because we are the universe, the universe made manifest. It broke itself into pieces to examine every aspect of its being. We try to understand it because in so doing, well, we will understand ourselves."

    This is a quote from the show Jeremiah, created by J. Michael Straczynski, who was also behind Babylon 5 where the Minbari had a similar philosophy. I tend to agree with this. As you said God is the universe, and if that is true than we interact with God by interacting with each other and our surroundings. I try to be aware of this as I go through each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the enlightenment spoken of by Hindus and Buddhists. However, I think that it is better to experience this awareness in day-to-day livng than to do so in isolation because we can share this knowledge with others through our interaction.

    ReplyDelete